The Ambassadors at Reaside Academy must lead by example at all times in their behaviour, the respect they show to others and their school uniform. An Ambassador’s role is varied and to be awarded a school Ambassador badge is considered to be a real privilege.
Why We Have School Ambassadors at Reaside:
As part of our citizenship education, we believe that children need to experience duties and responsibilities that come with being a member of a community in order to help them prepare to play an active role as citizens. At Reaside Academy, we believe that Ambassadors have a very important role to play in the day-to-day organisation of our school and as only Year Six pupils are allowed to apply for this position, it is considered to be very prestigious. The position not only allows the Year Six pupils to lead by example and demonstrate their responsibility, it also enables the younger children to learn from a good example. Ambassadors are responsible for supervising younger pupils at break times / lunch times and undertaking various duties in and around the school. Through their duties they develop such skills as assertiveness, punctuality and responsibility. Up to15 pupils in Year 6 can become an Ambassador, provided they demonstrate excellent behaviour whilst at school. To become an Ambassador, pupils should talk to Miss Black.
Ambassador Job Description The Ambassador role is:
- to act as a role model for pupils and promote the ethos of Reaside Academy, relating to behaviour, uniform and attitude;
- to maintain the standards, duties and responsibilities of a Reaside pupil;
- to monitor children around school, for example, when putting lunchtime equipment away or coming in from break/lunch;
- to attend all meetings with the Ambassadors as required;
- to ensure all school rules are adhered to at all times by all pupils;
- to help set up the hall for assemblies (chairs, ICT equipment, music etc);
- to meet and greet parents and visitors as needed.
In addition to this, Ambassadors will be assigned to a class in which they will:
- support during assemblies by rewarding great behaviour;
- support during Parent Sharing events;
- help teachers during wet break times.
Providing Ambassadors are wearing their Ambassador badge, they will be able to get into lunch first every day.
Ambassadors will be asked to sign a code of conduct to confirm they understand what the role involves. If Ambassadors do not follow the code of conduct, they may find their badge and role will be removed.
Key Ambassador Requirements:
- Excellent role model;
- Good listener;
- Enthusiastic learner;
- Great attendance;
- Correct uniform at all times;
- Respect for school property;
- Support adults when required;
- Be fair to all
If you feel you would make an excellent Ambassador at Reaside, you can get an application form from Mrs Black. Forms should be returned to Mrs Black by the date at the bottom of the application. Pupils may be invited to an interview/chat with Mrs Black the following week. Successful Ambassadors will be notified soon after and will receive their badges in assembly.