Reaside Academy is a caring academy with highly skilled, well qualified and experienced staff. We have a supportive TLAC and are part of the University of Wolverhampton MAT team. We are an academy where order, behaviour and respect for ourselves and others are the key to a happy and safe learning environment.
We expect the highest standards of achievement, behaviour, attendance, punctuality and appearance from our pupils. We believe that our Academy provides the ideal environment for our pupils to reach their full potential in all subject areas. Achievements are celebrated by recognising good work, effort and behaviour through use of our recognition boards, postcards home, subject specific certificates and weekly celebration assemblies.
We believe that education should be challenging, interesting and enjoyable, and should develop the increasing wide range of skills and abilities that young people need for their future whether it be further education or employment. It is our responsibility to ensure the pupils have a happy academy life and every opportunity for success. Parents are central to our ethos and building effective partnerships with parents and carers is essential.
The role of Reaside Academy is to achieve excellence for each individual in learning and personal development. In order to realise this, our primary aim is to provide a safe, exciting and active environment for learning that:
- encourages the development of self-awareness and confidence whilst at the same time promoting sensitivity, support, appreciation and respect for others;
- provides the learning opportunities that lead to continuous improvement in achievement;
- recognises all achievement;
- allows all children to share positive experiences, to feel valued and to enjoy their time at the Academy;
- assists individuals to develop the skills and knowledge needed for the current and future roles within society;
- encourages parental and community involvement in all aspects of the life of the Academy.
We are proud to be a community school which is extremely inclusive. Pupils from a wide range of backgrounds learn and develop harmoniously in a culture of mutual respect. We expect nothing less than exemplary pupil behaviour and we very much believe in the Academy motto ‘Learning and Achieving Together’.The traditional values of courtesy, discipline and respect are important to us and we believe that upholding them will help us to achieve results for all at Reaside Academy.
Our Equality Objectives 2022 - 2024:
- all learners are of equal value
- to embed the British Value of 'tolerance' in everything that we do, particularly when it relates to protected characteristics
- ensure effective transition in to and out of the Academy, for all of our children
- to effectively use performance data to respond to variations in attainment and progress between groups of pupils, subjects, trends over time and other schools
Mrs Hayley Carrier